Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

9you tube

Gail24

Reaction score
Hey everyone i was looking at YouTube and saw this about what they fed their Axolotls
i thought they only ate meat ,fish, worms etc anyone else tried veges ,surely it can't be good for them :(don't think i will be doing this .

Uploaded on Feb 4, 2011
These axolotls are eating a mixture of chicken, broccoli, peas, cauliflower, potato, olive oil, cod liver oil, cashew nuts and turmeric (which produces the bright yellow colour). This is what I usually eat for dinner, and to feed it to the axolotls, I chew it into a paste

Skudo09

Reaction score
I would consider it a very inappropriate diet for an axolotl... They chew it into a paste? I wouldn't be doing that for any of my animals...

Gail24

Reaction score
Me either they sound like they should not be having them at all ,it really is sad

Skudo09

Reaction score
It is sad :( I would expect this diet would likely cause some nutritional deficiencies and I can't see how the axolotl would live long on this diet...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!