Axolotl colors

Alonyamin

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi,
I recently noticed that axolotl have many colors i have seen black,blue,purple,red,silver,brown,pink,white,yellow,gold and green i think thats it.
do you know any more colors they might have?

When you say purple , pink and blue I hope you don't mean the bright coloured ones, because those are terribly and inhumanely dyed. The main colours are wild type, albino, golden albino, leucistic (pinkish with black eyes and reddish gills) and melanoid (black). There are a lot of variations of these colours, sometimes certain strains of melanoids can appear blueish, silverish, and purplish. Also chimeras are cool, half one colour half the other (usually wild/leucistic)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

this site has to offer many colors and types of axolotls.
do you think they paint them?
look in the gallery off the site: www. theaxolotl .net

Nope they are all natural! The bright green one is a gfp, that isn't technically natural but was created so that they could track regrowth and people like them so they breed them. Usually ones that are dyed blue or bright pink or purple and they dip them in acid first to remove slime coat and its really cruel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back