Photo: Roundworm?

blushed

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Jessica
I fed both of my axolotls just a while ago, and noticed a white "worm" inside of my axolotl's stomach area...

Almost positive it's a roundworm...

I have 2 axolotls, and neither show any signs of stress/sickness besides now this roundworm...

What exactly should I do?

d9c1e8eb7ee8180a6927981267195e4

:(:confused::(:confused:

Hi, i could be wrong but it looks like intestines to me.

Yep - intestines. You can also see heRt liver and stomach on small leucistics and albinos.

Yep - intestines. You can also see heRt liver and stomach on small leucistics and albinos.

At first I thought it was, but it coiled up into more ring like shape (as you see in the pic) AFTER feeding, plus, it was not there before? I've always looked at her/him specifically since I could see organs, to make sure she wasn't eating the sand...

Is that possible that it's intestines would change shape/position?

I thought I would post some other examples for illustration:

32304d1375182856-swollen-bruised-help-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375182854.282023.jpg

larvae_28_days.jpg

y8sA0Kc.jpg

It looks like the intestines. It changes shape a little when filled up.

I thought I would post some other examples for illustration:

32304d1375182856-swollen-bruised-help-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375182854.282023.jpg

larvae_28_days.jpg

y8sA0Kc.jpg

Okay thank you!
Heres another picture of Hellven from just a few minutes ago...

So I SHOULD NOT be worried?

a113ed1100a899cccb32e0998e174a81

The intestine isn't coiled up anymore? I'd say? Is that just normal?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back