YAY!!

AnnaBingham

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Anna Bingham
Sorry to blow my own trumpet here, but i just want to express my happiness!
Just over a month ago i stupidly changed all my filter media and my cycle crashed in my 180l tank with 2 axies in it
Since then, for a month and i half i have been doing 40-50% daily water changes, day or night, sun or rain. The levels stayed pretty low but the ammonia and nitrates just wouldnt disappear, tested it daily.
But 3 days ago .... BAM
Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 40ppm.
After building up massive muscular upper arm strength dragging buckets of water around and a very wet floor its finally cycled again!!
*happy dance* :D :D :D :D :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 198
Your tank looks awesome!!! And i love the sand you have in there. What sort is it?

Your tank looks awesome!!! And i love the sand you have in there. What sort is it?

Thank you :) im not sure what type of sand it is, i got it from a local pet shop. It is aquarium sand. But cant remember what brand it is

I have sand in my tank but it's just the normal sand colour. I love the colour of yours. I willhave to go out and look for some!!

As someone desperately trying to get her tank to cycle, I hear your YAY! Thank goodness, right?

As someone desperately trying to get her tank to cycle, I hear your YAY! Thank goodness, right?

I was on the verge of giving up, so tiring the amount of water i had to change being a big tank. Just one day woke up and it was magically cycled ! :D it does eventually get there

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back