Question: How many litres p/m hatching brineshrimp?

KardeAxol

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Display Name
Kar
I'm going to hatch brineshrimp for my juveniles. I'm putting them in a bottle with an air pump but I don't know which pump to buy, it ranges from 1.8 to 6 litres. Should I just buy the smallest one? it's £7 for 1.8 litre pump, not sure if that's a good deal? as I'm kind of broke lol. and I'm new to hatching brine shrimp and air pumps! :lame:Any advice would be appreciated :D

The smallest one will be enough. After all the bottle you'll be hatching them in won't be very big either. :) If you don't need it to be anything fancy, you can sometimes even find them for free on forums etc.

I just need the cheapest thing available! :D how would I be able to find a free or second hand one on the forum? :eek:

There are usually "for sale" sections on all forums. I haven't seen any air pumps on here but maybe you can find an aquarium forum from your country. Or check out any of those sites where people sell used stuff.

Last edited:
The purpose of the air pump in a brine shrimp hatching vessel is simply to keep the water agitated so the eggs circulate around rather than sink to a layer at the bottom. Even the smallest pump will accomplish that task.

The problem with a filter is that it will probably filter out all the eggs from the water! You don't want that to happen.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back