Raising BBS to adults for Axolotls

mikeg

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Michael
So i am going to be gone for about 10 days in July and i am going to leave my Axolotls including my hatchlings in care of my neighbor. I don't want to ask him to hatch brine shrimp for the hatchlings since he is already taking care of them, the adults, and my dog. I want to set up a culture of brine shrimp so he just has to do quick swish in the water and feed the shrimp but im not sure exactly how to culture them. Here are my questions:

1. I am able to use a 5 gallon tank right?
  2. What type of salinity do the adults need, is it the same as the hatchery solution?
  3. How often do i need to change the water?
  4. How do i replace the water?
  5. How do i cycle salt water?

If anyone has made or found a good tutorial video it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced:happy:

How old will your babies be by then? Brineshrimp aren't easy to raise past hatchling stage, you'd do getter to get a daphnia culture going.

There is a couple hundred of them and they will be about a month and a half old. I stopped culturing my daphnia a while ago regrettably and i cant find them now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back