kcoscia

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Katie
tumblr_n6yyo2xhyp1scbrdfo1_1280.jpg
(new picture tonight)

Got my new little guy two days ago! He/She is eating and doing well.

tumblr_n7devf7Fdq1scbrdfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n7e96tqxAT1scbrdfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n7fevw9y5r1scbrdfo1_1280.jpg

Thanks! I added some large silk plants for more cover too. He/she has the 20g all to itself for a while!

What a cute little axie. :D I can't wait to get my new copper baby in a week or two.

Thanks everyone! Her(his) name is officially Daisy!

Here is an updated picture of the tank. I just did some moving and silk plant additions. The feeding plate was too close to the filter intake so the bloodworms didn't stay put, not that little dude cared. She ate out of my tweezer today!

tumblr_n7hwgv4OH61scbrdfo1_1280.jpg

Note: New fan! It brought my temp. down from 70 to 68-69, so, good for now. Once my air conditioning gets in for the summer it should be perfect in there!

Awwww yay you decided on a name! <3 Daisy is such a cutie and I love your setup. :p

Tell me how that fan goes - I saw some bad reviews on it so I'd like to know how it holds up. How well did the clips fit?

Awwww yay you decided on a name! <3 Daisy is such a cutie and I love your setup. :p

Tell me how that fan goes - I saw some bad reviews on it so I'd like to know how it holds up. How well did the clips fit?

So far so good! I dropped it in the tank initially not gunna lie :lame: It wasn't on so no problems with anything. I think it was caused by my trying to over tighten the clips and being overly aggressive trying to test stability. It seems pretty stable, although things that aren't 100% perfect make me anxious

Fan is working well! It's been hot around here so the water bottles had been out. Now the air conditioning is set up and things are good. I just have to find the right room temp compared to the right tank temp.

Here's a picture of my hungry baby!
tumblr_n7uipovENc1scbrdfo1_1280.jpg

I'm getting a second one soon too! Can't wait :rofl:

Love the pictures! Pretty soon you'll wake up and he will have grown so big he wont fit in his tubes anymore.

Thanks! I know! I'll be back at home Depot probably getting 3" or larger tubes and whipping out my silicone!

New axie, a GFP wildtype named Fox! Thanks to klaydogs!

Here is Daisy keeping and eye on Fox:

tumblr_n83gc6p4xV1scbrdfo1_1280.jpg

Fox isn't being very photogenic, but I promise I'll get a good picture soon!

They are very cute!! Your set up look great!

Time has flown! The babies are about 5-6 inches and 4 months old.

756d90934338391a98d4401f626510c8.jpg

bd0c2446cf91c78156ea754867c7aacd.jpg

Just ordered a chiller today. My bank account is crying but my babies will be happy.

Gosh, Daisy (pink?), looks adorable! I am hoping to find one that is very similar to yours in appearance! Very cute tank also :)

Thank you!
Yes, you're right! That one is Daisy. I got her from Margie!

A couple of updates:

Got the AquaEuro USA Max Chill 1/13 HP. It does a great job, but is not quiet by any means. Also, if you do get it, set the temperature two degrees lower than your desired temperature. So, I set mine to 62 degrees F, and the temperature stays around 64 degrees. Once the internal thermometer hits 65 degrees, the chiller cools it back down to 62 degrees (which quickly becomes 64, so it's 64 most of the time.) The lotls don't seem to mind the transitions.

Pictures:

tumblr_nc2bwwMjml1scbrdfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nc2l1rT8eS1scbrdfo1_500.jpg

About 5 months old and around 5 inches long. Eating 1/2 Canadian night crawler per day. Debating about feeding more!

They are very nice looking axolotls! I have a black melanoid from Margie, and I love her!
I think that you could probably up their food intake to one worm per day, and you may still need to cut it in half.

Okay! Thanks!

Daisy pretty much tells me when she's had enough. She starts out taking them down no problem, then starts to slow down. Fox will eat until he explodes!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back