Leeches in Northwestern Larvae gills?!

lindaleeben

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I went camping and managed to find some Northwestern Salamander Larvae, all horribly infested with leaches, my mom pulled 12 out of one we found and there was still tons more all going in the gap that's between both gills kind of under there heads that goes into there throat, I took the larvae that looked healthiest and ate even while camping but he has about 3-5 baby leaches in his throat gill flaps, I was wondering if there is any way to get them out because there's so little it's hard to get them out with tweezers,

Hi
Not sure if this will work but maybe putting the larvae in some salty water temporarily might help.

I initially thought the same thing, but that might not be a good idea as larvae are usually very sensitive. That might kill them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back