Question: Hailea, Resun or CSXC-1 Chiller?

Charis

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Charis
Hello. I have a Chiller question. I have a 20 gallon tank (75 liters). I just got my Axolotl a few months ago. Now that summer is here in Minnesota, it gets warm in my basement, unfortantley. I'm using fans and bottles of ice water to keep the tank cool. My Axolotl likes the temp around 65 (18 Celsius). Lately, the tank has gotten to 71 degrees (21 Celsius) this stresses him out a lot. I don't want it to get any higher. I'm thinking of getting chiller for his tank because I need a cool, consistent temperature for when I'm not home.

Is the CSXC-1 Aquarium/Hydroponic Chiller worth getting? CSXC-1 Aquarium / Hydroponic Chiller | Chill Solutions. I've seen people post about Resun CL-650 Aquarium Chillers, DD 300 models and Hailea chiller: Hailea HC-150A 1/10hp Chiller Marine Aquarium to 400L | Guppy's Aquarium Products Online.

I can afford the CSXC-1 chiller right now, but don't want to spend money on something that isn't right for my Axolotl. I will do what I can to get him one that is right for him. Thank you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back