Is this normal? or is something wrong?

yovillageidiot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Dani
Tonight my ax started doing this sudden jerking upward jump, almost like an involuntary spasm. Since I'm new to him/her I have no idea what to expect. However he's never done this before, just started tonight. I took video of him doing it. I couldn't figure out how to post it here so I uploaded it to youtube, hope I can put a link to it here.

What's up with my Axolotl - YouTube

He's just eating. When they eat they use a vacuum like suction and it caused them to jump back sometimes.

Yup, just eating. It's adorable. My leucistic used to get super exited at feeding time when she/he was little and she'd jump really high and then look around like "huh what was that!? :eek:".

I miss when mine used to do that, back when they were on a bare bottom and I could let them just suck the food right off the ground.
They are ridiculous little creatures.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back