Question: New Life Spectrum 1mm Pellets as Temporary Food?

Bette

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
LadyAquarius
Hi Everyone,

I am a little low on frozen blood worms right now, so I decided to try feeding my juveniles the pellets that I feed to my discus. (I already tried feeding the rangen small pellets, but they spit them out)
I softened them first in water, and so far, most of my 2.5 inch juvies are eating them up!
The pellets are the 1mm New Life Spectrum Discus Formula.

Are these pellets safe as a temporary "bridge" food until I can train them on the rangen ones? Any harmful ingredients?

Ingredients
Whole Antarctic Krill Meal, Whole Herring Meal, Wheat Flour, Whole Squid Meal, Algae Meal, Soybean Isolate, Beta Carotene, Spirulina, Garlic, Vegetable and Fruit Extract (Spinach, Broccoli, Red Pepper, Zucchini, Tomato, Pea, Red and Green Cabbage, Apple, Apricot, Mango, Kiwi, Papaya, Peach, Pear), Vitamin A Acetate, D-Activated Animal-Sterol (D3), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine, DL Alphatocophero ( E ), Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Niacin, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, L-Ascorby-2-Polyphosphate (Stable C), Ethylenediamine dihydroiodide, Cobalt Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Choline Chloride.

Guaranteed Analysis Protein 38.0% min Fat 5.0% min Fiber 4.0% max Moisture 10.0% max Ash 8.0% max

I'd like to see a bit more protein, but in an emergency it's better than nothing. I think you will see better growth on a higher protein diet.

I personally wouldn't. Some of the ingredients would worry me too much ( sea food and the last few ingredients)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back