Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi All Let me intoduce myself

SalaManda63

Reaction score
Hi All let me introduce myself I am Sal. I would like to say I am excite about this website. I started my collection in 2000 with a Tiger Salamander I bought at a Reptile Show. When I showed it to my baby daughter, she asked why is it called a Sally Matter! That was the beginning of a close friendship.

However, two years ago a friend saw my salamander and told me they will be illegal to own in California. I did not believe him but I soon found out that Southern California and Northern California have banded the possession of these amazing creatures.

To shorten the story, I did not want my salamander killed. A friend mention he (he lives in Las Vegas) could find some one to care for it. In trade, he gave me two newts. What he brought me was the most unusual newts. Kweichownesis (Emperor Crocodile Newts), he called it a red knob newts .

I read here how to care for them, but I wanted to join because I notice the decision as to the type of ideal living setting is not clear. My two newts was joined by three more. I have my five Kweichowensis Newts in a 60 gal aquarium 45% water and 55% land with hides and moss. I soon acquired some Kaiser Newts and Staunchii Newts in a 20gal long aquarium. I placed some plants for them to sit on and a rock hide.

I hope to learn more on how to properly care for them. I will post pictures as soon as I learning how. But anyways HI ALL!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!