Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Normal coloration or abnormality?

Xenurine

Reaction score
Hello all,
My little speckled leucistic Axie is almost 7 inches and eats like a monster. She seems perfectly healthy however I have noticed some little dots aside from her speckles that are along her tail and they seem a bit odd to me. I've tried to look it up to see if it's anything I should be concerned about however I have not seen anything that really resembles her curious "dots". Maybe this is normal for a leucistic? Take a look and let me know if this is an issue or just normal skin tissue.

IMG_20140723_105929.jpg
IMG_20140723_105914.jpg

keiko

Reaction score
It's normal. My leucistic has a few of those too along his tail.

allied123

Reaction score
I've taken severl pictures but you cant see what I'm talking about, my little guy has similar bumps and they look like your guy's but inverted....like instead of bumps inverted? not big bumps by any means, about the same size as your guy's...I guess my question is should I be worried? it looks like it's only on the little one could it spread to the other guy? I'll go take pictures and see if I can get a better shot if that would help

snuggly time

Reaction score
It's normal. This is my leucistic, although the picture is really bad quality.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 360

Xenurine

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your reassurances, I didn't think it was a huge issue but I always feel better getting a second opinion.
Beks - Mine weren't bumbs either, however I'm not sure what your axie is experiencing if they are actually indentations, mine just seemed to be part of the pigment, no visible texture. If they look the same as the ones on my axie then I wouldn't worry but if they are somehow different and effecting the health of your little on then I would snap a few more photos and get advice from another experienced keeper.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!