Greetings from New England!

cali2maine

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,

Just introducing myself... Moved across country to Maine from California 3 years ago for work, along with my beloved Arboreal Salamander (Aneides lugubris) that I raised from a sickly looking juvenile found in the garden during a rainstorm, to a healthy adult. I learned all about the species early on but did not seek to join this forum until now, having lost him after 5 years or so total. I would love to keep another Aneides lugubris (or 2 or 3) and am hoping someone out there might be breeding them! I just think they're the coolest, being climbers and all... and they remind me of home.

Anyway, hope someone out there can help me out at some point, but until then happy to learn what I can about this and some of the other species out there that people keep. Thanks for such a great resource!

I don't think anyone breeds them, but also, please read our ad policy under the ad section. Welcome to the forum.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back