Small creatures in axie tank

Guardianangel69

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I keep finding baby snails in my axie tank. A moss ball I added had some type of eggs on it. Now there are these little white creatures attached to everything. They look like a small white piece of sewing thread with five smaller pieces coming out of the tip. I tried to get a good pic, but this is all I could get. Any ideas?
u8agazyh.jpg
nane4yta.jpg
a2etedy9.jpg
epazamug.jpg

Hydra will latch on to prey and eat them but their prey consists of stuff they can actually hold down so a full grown axolotl should be wayy too big to be bothered by them

Also gonna add in that they only exist in tanks that have excellent water chemistry so good job!

Thanks, I've had some issues with water quality lately so I've been trying. I have two juvies that are four inches. Will they be ok too?

Yeah I have Celeopods in my tank, It was a fright at first. Moss balls are a little worthless in terms of keeping your tank clean, but they do add nice natural chemicals and filter oxygen :)

HYDRA?
In the tank?
TERRIFYING. And dangerous. Better kill them before they grow into this: (p.s. cutting off the heads won't work)
tumblr_mdo7hmdWj61rl6ynno1_1280.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back