Why I love axololts

auntiejude

Reaction score
Country
England
Why do I love axololts?
Because they are always pleased to see me.
Because they are smarter than you think, but dumb at the same time.
Because they each have a personality as unique as a person.
Because I like to watch them wrestling with a worm.
Because they are way more interesting than cats, dogs, fish, hamsters etc.
Because they are my 'babies' in lieu of real kids.

Why do you love axolotls?

I've only ever met one axolotl (my one) and I'm definitely falling for him - he makes me smile!

I love their smiling little faces.
I love their unique look and lifestyle.
I love how they swim up to check out my hands every time I do anything in the tank, searching for worms. Also it makes me smile when they taste my finger, hoping it's a worm.
I love the variety of awesome colors and markings.
And I love watching them in the tank, I find them very relaxing.
They're pretty much adorable.

They are unique
I love their cute little faces
Their clumsiness
They are fascinating to watch
I love the way they interact
Their different personalities
Of course wrestling with ther worms is always fun to watch

:D

I love that they look pretty graceful swimming around or to the top, nice and streamlined... And then they reach the top, take a gulp and flick out their legs and look like a fat potato floating slowly to the bottom :lol:

Omg that fat potato comment really got to me lol! I love them because they just look like they're so happy especially at feeding time, like they've got a big smile on after scarfing down some food :)

I love the fact that they scare the **** outta me when I'm messing around in their tank and in deep conversation and one decides to bite my finger! lol....I fall for that one each time.

I love when they swoosh their gills oh-so-slowly, like the axolotl equivalent of a slow blink. It makes me sleepy.

I love watching them walking, and seeing their tiny toes flexing and moving gives me such a rush of love for those tiny, delicate sweethearts, and for the course of nature that created them.

I love the fact that axolotls (and newts, and salamanders) really bring home how life could have left the waters.

So why did my husband, who "has no interest" in my axis, get excited to see one swim under its bridge!!......you just can't resist them!As for "replacing the kids"...... My grown up kids have eight axis between them.....as I said....you just get hooked!

I love them because they are super super cute, all of those different personalities and faces makes me melt. Because I used to hate/be afraid of everything that is under water. I still do, except for axolotl, I want to pet their little belly all day long.
They are super relaxing, they makes me so peaceful when I watch them, I could just sit and watch them for hours. And taking care of them is a pleasure :)
I'm sure there is more than a hundred reason to love them, I wish most people would learn what they are beside being these "weird funny fish". I am seriously obsessed, I plead guilty !

So why did my husband, who "has no interest" in my axis, get excited to see one swim under its bridge!!......you just can't resist them!As for "replacing the kids"...... My grown up kids have eight axis between them.....as I said....you just get hooked!

I laughed when I saw your post! My husband as well had "no interest" in axolotls. Now, he will join me sometimes at evening feeding time.... we'll be both laying on the floor watching the axies(the main tank is 7 inches off the floor). I have also seen him crouching down, taking photos of them with his smartphone. And tomorrow he is delivering some of our baby axies to new owners. What a guy! :kiss:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back