Question: Chiller - buying in Australia - any experience with online shops?

mmuumi

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Everyone:)

I'm about to buy a chiller for my tank and came across this online shop:
Hailea Chiller HC-130A - $399.0 : Aqua Wholesale, Pumps, Filters, Chillers & Other aquarium Supplies
Has anyone bought from them before and what was your experience? The price is brilliant - but they haven't responded re warranty and I'm a little concerned that there's no contact phone number.

An alternative: Hailea Chiller HC- 150A - the same question, what was your experience with their products/ service?

(my new tank will be 130L, so both filters will be ok, it's mainly the warranty/product quality question now)

Thank you very much in advance! :happy:

They're all pretty safe these days, pay with paypal and it's all good.

I've got the 130A on a four footer and it's at its capacity there, but will be fine on the tank you describe.

I'd go with the 150 myself, just because it's the same price with a bit more grunt.

I've used Guppys in the past for 2 chillers and a bunch of other gear and it's all been good.

Hailea HC-150A 1/10hp Chiller Marine Aquarium to 400L | Guppy's Aquarium Products Online

I use a canister filter upstream of the chiller on both of mine, works well.

I've just bought a canister filter for that very reason! Thanks to Caudata:) thanks for other links, will check them out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I'd share my today's experience with Guppy's Aquarium Products: so I ordered this chiller Hailea HC-150A 1/10hp Chiller Marine Aquarium to 400L | Guppy's Aquarium Products Online from them.

Pros:
- great price
- arrived safely and quickly via Fast Couriers last night

Cons:
- the pic on the website shows a Black chiller - mine arrived White (there's absolutely nowhere on the page to suggest any variations).
- the pic shows some random chiller as the outlets on mine are at the back rather than side.

Emailed the support team - no response, so I lodged a dispute via PayPal offering them an exchange to Black - or refund of postage since that's only fair and would cost them that much to exchange. Got a refund almost straight away but a quite nasty note with it, quote: 'I sent you the refund, we use the pictures as a reverence only. In future please buy from your local shop if you need a specific colour or email us before you buy.'

Really??? Since when not stating variations of the product in the e-shop is normal? Replied back suggesting they amend the webpage and make it clear that you're buying a Random colour.
Can't say I'm impressed. In the end - I got a working product at a reasonable price but it's a different product essentially... don't think I'll buy from them again.:rolleyes:

Wow, that is quite the rude e-mail. If they don't list it, it's only obvious to expect what's on the picture. My issue would be that they could have sent you a cheaper product and charged you more for it, or something like that. Thanks for the warning about the e-store.

if you have time do you think you could try and post your experience in the testimonials so maybe people in your same situation would be more likely to see it? (I realize I'm not in australia or anything but I wish there was a good testimonial for a chiller in the U.S. :( and seeing an unhappy one would be perhaps even more helpful! )

If you guys point me in the direction of the testimonials section I can certainly do that:) I want to be reasonable - the price was good, speedy delivery and they did agree to a refund almost right away - but yes, I've been quite surprised with the email - and yes, it did seem very rude to me:( I actually looked up their reviews on the web, truelocal.com.au is the website - and there's 2 bad reviews, both about customer service... Yet, I've got a chiller now and I can't be happier:)))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back