The Doctor died.

Coldnorthtoy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I haven't been on here in a really long time, but my leucistic axolotl, Doctor Who, died today. He was probably about three years old, and he had a really hard go of things in the beginning: he was a Christmas gift who ate a plastic duckweed at the pet store, and I spent the first many months of his life trying to keep him alive through that - and succeeded (it's all in my post history).

He was around for the birth of our two daughters - the oldest is two and a quarter, and the youngest will be 10 days old in about 15 minutes - and he was always a fixture in our living room, and a wonderful point of conversation. I unfortunately haven't given him the care and attention he deserved over the last few months, as life has been far too hectic. Not enough water changes. Not enough earthworms. And I think it took its toll. I'd like to believe that his early injury was to blame, but I knew all about what it takes to keep these guys healthy and happy, but I just didn't do my job - it's just my fault and I ****ed up.

A lot of folks on here we're very kind and helpful, and are the reason he made it this long; thank you for all your help.

I'll miss you, bud. Sleep well.

So sad to see.

Maybe in the future you can give axxies a go again.

Rest well little Doctor.

Are you certain he was dead and not just sleeping? He looks cute so I'm guessing not dead but sleeping. Probably just let him swim a little bit and he'll perk up.

Anyway, how's he doing now???

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back