Filter Recommendations

NeelyBryanne

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm planning to get a larger tank for my 2 axies in the near future and will need to upgrade the filter as well. I thought I'd ask if anyone has any recommendations for filters before I purchase the new one.
The tank will probably be about 50-55 gallons.
Thanks!
Neely

I like the Eheim Classic, which is a canister filter; for that size tank you'd probably go with the 2217 model.

If you wanted to go HOB I would recommend the Aquaclear filters.

I have an Eheim which is great, so quiet! Better than the Fluval I just got rid of.

And I avoided the Fluvals due to reports of leaking when the electricity goes out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back