Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Eggs hatching already?

cherryglue

Reaction score
Today i noticed a bunch of little baby axolotls hanging out at the bottom of the tank we have set up for our eggs (approx 9 days old) they dont move much just little bits of squirming here and there from some of them, are they too premature to live? never done the hatching thing before soo im kind of stumped, i will see if i can get some good pictures to post.

auntiejude

Reaction score
They might make it, they might not. Get some BBS going, but be aware they may not eat for 3 or 4 days.

Whats your temperature? I found at 22C I had eggs hatching at 10 days, but at 10C it was 20-21 days. You could try gently cooling your eggs to slow them down if you're not ready yet.

cherryglue

Reaction score
im getting some brine shrimp going now, i suppose that is about the right time frame, the tank is right around 20 or 21c :)

Bette

Reaction score
Wow, that really is early for hatching. Never seen them hatch quite that early. Yes, get the bbs going!

Renette

Reaction score
How did it go with your 9 day old hatchlings. I woke up to 2 name day old births today and wonder if they are going to make it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!