Question: Passing white mucus?

imnes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
imNES;
Hey can someone tell me what my Axolotl is passing?
Looks like its doing #2 but its white... has passed 3 of them so far..
it doesn't look sick... so i'm not sure if i should be concerned or not..

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I attached a photo just so you can see what I am talking about

Attachments

• 20140922_181124.jpg
    20140922_181124.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 346
It almost looks like the clear jelly like part of a spermatophore. Is your axolotl male? Did any of them have a white tip?

not that i can see... that was the biggest one... the other ones are small.. and i dont know if its a male or female....

p.s i have 2 axies

it looks like sperm to me... i dont know...

Try to get some better pictures from different angles.

I would say its sperm aswell. How old is your Axolotl and can you attach a picture of his/her cola?

Cant get any better pics, now its not passing anymore of those things..
my axie is about 1 year old.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back