Juvie axolotl worms?

Marty

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey all!!!!!!!

Brand new to this forum as well as a first time axolotl owner. His name is Boober and he seems quite happy in his new home. He's a juvenile about 3 inches long. He eats like a champ and is quite alert and playful.
I do however have a question that I'm hoping you guys can help me with. He has a string looking thing on his right insides that moves. I am hoping that it's just part of his internal organs but I just want to make sure it's not worms or something else. If it is a medical issue I would like to fix the issue immediately if I can. He's quickly become part of the family, so I'm hoping I'm just being an overprotective dad.

Thanks for any information and I'm glad to be part of this community.

Marty

Attachments

• boober1.jpg
    boober1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 297
  • boober2.jpg
    boober2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 789
Thats his intestines. On his left side you'll see his liver as a big grey blob. When they are really tiny you see their heart too, and if you watch closely you can see it beating!

What kind of substrate is that??? Is that sand? I can't tell

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back