Question: How much water flow is too much?

Kahili

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have my axie in a 10 gallon tank and I just installed the Tetra Whisper PF10. He was doing just fine without the filter, but I figured that maybe it would keep the water cooler and ease the amount of water changes I had to do. The filter does create a bit of a current, but it doesn't seem to be too much to handle if he stays on the other side of the tank opposite the filter. If he goes near the water flow, I can see his gills being pushed back slightly by it… I don't really want him to have to stay on one half of the tank because of the filter though. What do you guys think?

10 gallon is pretty small so there wouldnt be alot of places to get away from the current from. I think the filter u mentioned in HOB right? if thts the case you could put something on the surface tht breaks up the current, i used to have floating plastic plants, it also helps with blocking off some extra light depending on where you keep your tank

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back