Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Salamander ate large rock

phemming

Reaction score
Hello,

We recently rescued a salamander out of our sprinkler box, he was super skinny and didn't look healthy. We bought him a tank, log, water bowl and river rock (my mistake). We fattened up our salamander, feeding him worms by hand. He put on weight and seemed happy as can be. The plan was to fatten him up and let him go in the spring, i figured he better eat on his own so he could survive in wilderness on his own, i dropped a worm in his tank and he tried to bite the worm but bit onto a large rock, rock was just smaller than his head and swallowed it. He is still pooping but the poops are half the size they were prior to eating the rock..we are very concerned...what should we do :confused

Thanks,
Paul

hydro

Reaction score
hi i have a new tiger salamander that i found as an egg in my back yard.Im new to salamanders but if its not to expensive I would suggest brining him to a vet to see if they can help p.s. i really hope he is ok :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!