View Single Post
Old 7th March 2009   #20
Jan
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Jan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Caudata.org Grant Poll

I found all of the applications very interesting and worthwhile. In evaluating the applications, I placed each on a grid and compared each to the 6 main application requirements. In my assessment, 6 applications satisfied all of the requirements. From there, I looked at the level of funding needed for the research, had other monies been secured yet or applied for ?? – from my perspective this is a key element – if we award money, I want to see the project completed. I also focused on dissemination of results and methods of dissemination. The broader dissemination the wider the audience – I have a bias for dissemination by both publishing in a peer reviewed journal and presentations (platform or poster). Lastly, I tried to assess the broad applicability of the research relative to all caudates (subjective).…which led to my top 2 choices: #11 and #2.

It is difficult to garner much information from a one page application. However, it is what it is … and that is where I’m landing with my thoughts. I applaud all of the applicants with their submissions - very encouraging toward caudate research.