Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Forum Software with Cool Features!

J

john

Thanks to Rob, David and the auction participants, I was able to afford the professional version of Discus for our forums. There are so many cool new features. In your profile alone you can:<ul>[*]Customise your profile with info about you <LI>Toggle email notification <LI>Set preferences such as remembering your password <LI>Set your favourite topics <LI>Upload a photo to attach to your messages <LI>Add a signature to your posts <LI>And you can view the others users on the system - click user list in the menu above![/list]You can now vote for messages if you find their info useful or you like them a lot (or hate them!) ;). You also get a rating depending on the number of posts you make.

We now have auto-archiving and pruning which should mean the board isn't so cluttered anymore (or won't be when the functions kick in).

From Nate's and my point of view, there's now auto registration for new users.

Just to make it clear, email notification works again and you can configure it for yourself in your profile.

I hope you all enjoy the new forums!

cloth

Reaction score
This is excellent,alot better,well done caudata.org!!!

J

john

Hi Cloth,

I am glad you're taking advantage of the new features!
happy.gif

Thank the donators! Now all we need is a chat program!

M

mark

John - great job!

Not only does it look fantastic - its easier to use. Its great to not have to type in my name and password every time i want to post as a user!

J

john

I've now installed a dictionary so spell checking will work for those who wish to use it. Also, I have changed my post above to say "vote for messages" because I said users (oops).

S

sara

Spell check is great! I really like the new page format. The new features are fun, and easy to use (once one gets oriented to the fact that the site has changed again...)
Thankyou caudata.org

K

kai

Hi John,

Thanks, great job!

I've been off for a few months due to work overload and rearing offspring (no, not for sale ;o).

I guess, I'll contribute a little more often now that those emails tend to remind me of interesting topics - missed that impetus for sure!

Best wishes,
kai

J

john

Hi Kai, it's good to hear from you again. When I re-enabled email notification I thought of you ;).

To everyone : I've disabled the spell checker for a few hours because its dictionary is so big now that it's slowing down posting too much. I'll optimise the dictionary later today and re-enable.

K

kai

Hi John,

Yup, it worked out: Apparently hooked again... :eek:)))

(Message edited by kai on May 19, 2003)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!