Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Caudata.org Calendar Competition

M

mark

Dear all, Caudata.org is aiming to produce its first caudata themed calendar for 2007. The great news is that the photos in the calendar will all be taken by members of this forum. We are looking for 12 great pictures, one for each month
wink.gif
. So, if you want the chance to become part of caudate calendar history and see your photo in print all you need to do is read the rules below and submit your photos. You may submit as many photos as you like. The closing date for the competition is the 31st October 2006 and the winning photos will be judged by a panel of forum users which will be decided nearer the time. The calendars will be sold in the caudata.org shop and all profits will go to the upkeep of this site.

The rules of the competition

1) The copyright of the photo must belong to you i.e. you took it
2) You must have the original.
3) The image must be of a caudate (wild or captive)
4) The picture is in a digital format. We cannot transfer 35mm film to digital for you. The owner is responsible for this process.

To Submit Photos

There are 2 ways to submit your photos. Either post your photos here on this thread or alternatively you can email low resolution versions to the following address: admin@caudata.org
Where possible please include the name of the species depicted and the pixel dimensions of the original photo (or camera spec: e.g. 4 mega-pixel digital camera etc) with each submission.

May the competition begin - GOOD LUCK!

M

mark

Chioglossa lusitanica

70307.jpg

Canon EOS 300D 6.3 megapixel 3088 x 2056

S

sherri

Axolotl (name Axelina)

70352.jpg

70353.jpg

70354.jpg

And this is Rosie (RIP)

70355.jpg

Sorry they are not good, but we do need an axie in the calendar!

(Message edited by jennewt on September 21, 2006)

J

john

I just want to add to what Mark said:

You retain the rights to your photo should we choose to use it. We will only use it for the calendar. If we wish to use it elsewhere we will ask your permission first.

J

jennifer

One other possible limitation on photos... is it necessary that the photo be taken in a horizontal orientation?

J

john

Yes, that would be advantageous, unless the subject is in a position amenable to cropping.

M

mark

No, you don't need the pixel dimensions. It's helpful for us to have a general idea of pixel resolution as the printing process may place restrictions on the photos we can use. If you don't know the dimensions of the photo you will probably know the spec of the camera you took it with i.e. 4 mega-pixel digital camera or 1.3 mega-pixel phone camera etc.

J

joseph

dsno080.jpg

newtl.jpg

DSCN3095.jpg

DSCN3070.jpg

Not too sure any of these cut it, but it is worth a try
happy.gif
. I know lots of you have great photos up your sleeves!

W

william

I have an idea for the calendar. Instead of putting bank holidays, holidays etc, you could put in dates of the caudate year such as Hamm and IAD.

R

reid

Hello all, is it okay if the maximum size of my photos are just 640x480? I don't have the original sizes of my photos becuase it was all lost when my computer crashed.

J

joseph

To add to Will's suggestion, maybe a tip of the month in consideration of the seasons, such as preparation for heat waves for June, to raising larvae for March etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!