Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Caudata.org Calendar Competition

thomas

Reaction score
70815.jpg

S

sherri

Amazing pics, everybody! Wow! Oh, yeah, I think the kissing one is a must, too, haha

H

henk

HEre are some of mine for the party. Most are shot during the latest CA trip I made.

The originals are 6 to 8 mpix which should suffize for an A4 printsize

Hydromantes shastae
70836.jpg

Aneides flavipunctatus
70837.jpg

70838.jpg

Taricha granulosa
70839.jpg

Ensatina e.
70840.jpg

Plethodon asupak
70841.jpg

70842.jpg

Another Aneides flavipunctatus
70843.jpg

Hydromantes brunus (adult & juvenile)
70844.jpg

70845.jpg

70846.jpg

70847.jpg

H

henk

Well let me add some more now we are busy
Batrachoseps
70856.jpg

Some more ensatina
70857.jpg

70858.jpg

70859.jpg

70860.jpg

and an axolotl image

70861.jpg

H

henk

Well here are some more non CA shots

Ambystoma macrodactylum larvae and eggs
70878.jpg

70879.jpg

Triturus marmoratus
70880.jpg

70881.jpg

Tylototriton kweichowensis
70882.jpg

70883.jpg

Salamandra gallaica
70884.jpg

Mesotriton alpestris
70885.jpg

70886.jpg

The mysterious paedomorphic & white Hynobius larvae ...
70887.jpg

Tiger salamander
70888.jpg

Spotted salamander
70889.jpg

Lissotriton vulgaris
70890.jpg

H

henk

No joan that's not the intention, everyone works with what they have and my pictures were not as good when I started making shots either... just takes some time and lots of interest. As they say makeing good nature-pictures requires 3 qualities of the photogapher :
- he must be a good technician
- he must be a nature lover and understand his topics/animals and how they behave
- he must have some artisitc capacities (composition, the skill to see what others don't, ...)

I think I reasonably well for the first 2 ,but I'm not as good as I would wanne be on the 3rd...

A

andy

Wow Henk...fantastic pictures!
I think we should just leave this calendar in your hands!

H

henk

Well I think this is too much of a credit, I know some other people on this forum that make great shots and which have not yet come forward. So let's wait ....And then there are some other shots here which are quite nice too... some do need maybe a bit more intense after processing which could make the shots better and boost colors and reduce noise better. I quite like the mirror shot of the Ensicauda by Juraj

(Message edited by henk_wallays on September 27, 2006)

J

joan

Henk, I only mean compliments. You're a fabulous photographer, and I've always admired your pictures (and you, for being so lucky to travel to so many places to take the pictures!).

thomas

Reaction score
these and a few other species were removed from a construction area and released.
70908.jpg

K

kara

Henk, are you sure that shot labelled taricha granulosa is indeed a granulosa? Its eyes protrude more from its head than an average granulosa...
beautiful pics though, everyone, really, smashing job!! (wish i had a digital camera!!)

R

reid

New tiger salamanders.
70921.jpg
70922.jpg

and a spotted salamander
70923.jpg

could someone continue this on another thread, its a bit cramped

H

henk

Well I have ot admit I did get in trouble with this little guy too, we found it in a T. rivularis group and she was the only female , the belly was not just orange but closer to red-orange and as such I was a bit puzzled (had never seen anything like this before).

M

mark

Wow, I've been out of the country for a week and so many fantastic photos have been submitted since I last checked!!
hat.gif
This thread must be getting a little on the heavy side for those with slow connections. I'll start a new one. Can any new submissions be posted here instead.
Cheers,

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!