View Single Post
Old 27th January 2016   #3
auntiejude
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: auntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Baby 'Lotl Colors?

It is possible for all the babies to be wildtypes with those parents. Of course there may be hidden recessive genes in play, but until we see photos we can't really help you.

Usually by 1 month you can see colours, they just need to be big enough to see properly. You can tell albinos from the day they hatch because of their eyes, you can usually pick out melanoids at 2-3 weeks too. Some leucicistics take a while to fade.

But it also depends on the mother. Albino mothers produce whie eggs, so most babies start very pale and them darken, whereas all the other colours start dark and lighten up.

Get osme recent photos and we'll be able to help a bit more.