Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

<b>Personal Topics (not directly applicable to Caudata)</b>

P

philipp

Hi all
Yes, it´s hard for me to tell that, because there is a big difference between reactions in German Forums and those right here. Yes, i might have formulated very rude sometimes, expressing a little saucy humour is much easier for me in german. Don´t think of that, being an "all terrain" excuse or stuff, i just want to defend myself. I do want to excuse me, though i won´t mix "real respect" with "hiding behind names,....." ever. I already mailed to John, to express my views a little. Thought this might be important. I have to say, and i do want everybody of you to know that, that it´s not possible in my eyes, to attack someone, you can´t have an opinion of, cause you don´t know him personal!
And is it possible for me to meet you?Maybe i get rude, you can read it arrogant, if you want, but i always go crazy when i meet arguments and perspectives, that are simply impossible to me!
A second reason to me to post this right here, is the fact that i have to say that i really didn´t know of that number of people, being personally hit by myself in their eyes. I didn´t aim to get that reaction! I got that the last days, when people startde to call me paranoid via email and stuff, though there were regularly answers to personal mails, remarking that they regularly don´t understand whole sentences!(Not the expressions, but the "english",.....;-))
Thanks
Philipp
(nd i´m very disappointed, that i can´t trust names.I will never ever breed or raise for anyone again, cause it´s not possible to me, to trust anybody, i can´t trust myself!)

J

jesper

Hi Phillip!
Apology excepted
biggrin.gif

I think that a lot of people around here understand your views and even share them, however it is quite difficult to understand your english especially when you are upset, maybe you should try to cool down before you write
biggrin.gif

I have the same problem with my french.

I too think it is annoying when people try to get animals without knowing enough about them.
I think animals should be treated as natural as possible, but I can see that the standards you are trying to set are too high - they are contraproductive. I want people to have newts, I think captive breeding and keeping is one of the ways to save newts. That means that I want people to have newts, this is impossible with your standards. As long as the newts are comfortable the environment isnt my highest priority.

Sure if this would be a perfect world I would be annoyed that not everyone kept their animals at optimal temps. But this is far from a perfect world thus I try to help people to at least treat their newts in an OK way - compromise!

To do this mean to educate people not telling them how worthless they are because the dont already know.
If you are interested in the wellbeing of newts you see that this strategy is contraproductive.

Cheers
Jesper

P

philipp

Thanks Jesper
Only excepted?Why?
Yes, i´m always upset when i write my postings here what leads to very emotional results....
Not the best way to write anything in another language. I agree in some standards, being little high, but they´re not contraproductive. Maybe less people can keep those animals, when copying them. But i can breed too, i simply don´t do it, cause people, recieving Juveniles, have to have attitudes, i share. So i maybe don´t want everybody to keep urodeles,.....There you´re right.
I don´t intentionally tell anybody, that he´s worthless! I´m little more direct than others, also less polite, but have some Newbies too, regularly phoning and mailing me, although my reactions to their questions, weren´t others than those here.....
They even started to notice temperatures when feeding their animals, and are heavy working on opening and closing windows to have the right temperatures, e.g. for their verrucosus!They sad that they were a little afraid when thinking of contacting me, but finally i even found good friends!So´i´m no Monster:D
What i do may sound naive or stupid to some people around here, especially when it ends in not giving me animals, but i can´t play a kind of "Morality-Terrorist" on the one hand, to forget all of what i "preach" when it´s about me to get animals!
Some people can multiply their personalities in that situation, but i would simply feel like "not me".
This is very fatal, if you bought animals for somebody to trade and you´re suddenly confrontated with twice the number of newts of a species, plus the need of raising them and the money, that went down the river,.......
But having such ideals and such a pride, is a very risky hobby, i normally can´t afford,....
My animals are more to me than simply "collectors items" or whatever, and i really look forward when animals are offered to me, i would kill for.
Waiting for that means having something that helps to forget personal and private catastrophies like Deaths and the problems, connected with that.And it is very hard stuff to swallow, if the bubble suddenly collapses,.....
Especially when you look at those animals, you actually didn´t buy for yourself and finally are everything, that reminds you of the bubble,....
Thanks
Philipp

J

jesper

Honestly I dont understand this post.

Correct me if I am wrong:
You are saying that you say that your outbursts are the means to get results, the results being less people having newts?

You dont give people that dont share your opinions newts.

You dont get newts from people that dont like you.

You dont lie to get newts.

You dont look upon your newts as collector's items.

The rest I dont understand can you clarify please?

My comments to the part I understood:

I dont lie to get newts and I dont look upon my newts as collectors items either.

I dont get newts from people that dont like me either, at least I dont think so
biggrin.gif

I would only give newts to people who would treat the newts well. If they have exactly the same opinions as me doesnt matter to me as long as the newts fare well.

Cheers
Jesper

F

francesco

"and i really look forward when animals are offered to me, i would kill for"
Do you mean you'd kill for your newts? I think that's a bit exagerated...
sick.gif

Ciao

P

philipp

Hi Jesper
You understood the Essentials.
Why should my "outbursts" be "means"?
Here in Germany at least, there are a lot of people keeping newts, that shouldn´t have any living animal to take care for! Some of those might become better in the future, most aren´t willing to learn,...
My result, i look for, is to make them treat their animals better and in the end, having more serious persons. You can´t reduce that to a change of numbers!
There are persons, keeping newts of mine, regularly duscussing with me about opinions, we don´t share,.....but ESSENTIALS are the same!!!

The part of my posting, describing my problem with some newts i bought for somebody else, should be understood by around three users of these forums here at the moment, and i´m still waiting for a suggestion by them how to go on with those Juveniles!
Thought it might be important to know for you, to be careful enough......

Did i forget anything you didn´t understand Jesper?

Philipp

P.S: "Killing for animals" is fun like "selling your grandmother",.....;)
Did you really think i would do that, Francesco?

J

jesper

Hi Phillip!
I think we agree on most things, I dont like newts being associated with commerce either.

I dont like people who are mistreating newts, I do my best to change those people.

If you would stop and listen for a second Phillip you might understand that you are waging a war against people who already treat their newts well.

Please, I think you are always complaining of people but you never name them!
If you are annoyed with someone so much that you need to post about it please share with the rest of us exactly who you think are mistreating newts etc. I am not into newt-politics the way some people here are, please share your picture of the situation but do it properly if at all.

Well then Phillip, dont you think we agree on the ESSENTIALS?
biggrin.gif

Eh, Phillip how about trading some animals with me then, I am one of the good guys you know
biggrin.gif

Or am I not good enough for you?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I must say that I am really enjoying this discussion Phillip!
biggrin.gif

Cheers Jesper

A

aaron

I don't know how everyone else feels, but when someone insults me or is mean, I am much more likely to NOT listen to them. This goes for anything, not only newts. Try being nice once, you'd be surprised how much of a difference you can make.

~Aaron

P

philipp

Hi Aaron and all
I stop listening to somebody, if he´s a good fellow to everybody, so i´m not dependent of anybody!Being nice to somebody, being worth being that, isn´t a problem for me, so i´m really sorry fo what you seem to understand Nate!
And Aaron: What should i do plus excusing me for what i formulated without knowing what you understand, and what you didn´t?
I already lost a very big number of animals that where trusted to me!
Jesper: I´m still waiting for an answer of those people, having to take the animals i still raise for them, before telling to somebody whose they actually are!
They still have the chance to clean the situation!
Can you understand this?
Another point is, that i do have much more enemies in here, than friends who are wiling to help me! So what do you think would be the reaction if i name any person too early?
Maybe i fought wars against people that would normally support myself, but they didn´t!
I know who has the same opinions i have in here, and unfortunately, those people attacked me, though i was only joking, what they really seem to have misunderstood!
I didn´t want to disrespect Nate or people like him, i´m only not having the same ways, keeping my verrucosus!
It´s good to have you Jesper, though i still don´t have an opinion of you!
Mail me, if you´re interested!
Still waiting for one person to tell me about what i shall do with his newts, otherwise, i do have Tylototriton kweichowensis to trade plus some user´s names,.....
Cheers Philipp

J

jesper

Hi Phillip!
Well, I respect that you use a wider range of temperature for your T.vs. And I think it is ok to criticize John's parameters, but thus far no evidence points in the direction that T.vs NEED wider parameters than John's. Can you respect this?

I mean it is only good to have wider parameters and go ahead share them with us, but you cant say what you have said without evidence. Get me some evidence and I might support you.

You tend to talk a lot without having anything to back up what you are saying - people find that annoying - example: remember the "golden boy of AG urodela" you talked about...Who?What?Why?

I understand why you dont name the people you are hoping to take on your kweichowensis, but why did you start talking about them in the first place?

You are criticizing the AG-urodela a lot, but you never say why really...What can I say I am a curious guy....

Right now people are jumping at you for really nothing because you have irritated a lot of people...

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Come on now Nate Aaron John, I think we should all pitch together and say that we all LOVE Phillip - and then Phillip can say he LOVES us back
crazy.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Philipp needs a little LOVE from this forum I think!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Now, Phillip how can you not have an opinion of me?
sad.gif

I think you will find quite a lot of responsible people here willing to take on some kweichows so dont worry about that!

Cheers Jesper
smile7.gif

P

philipp

Hi Jesper
Thanks for being you!
To me, the evidence for my theory, are my animals.
I can´t see the reason, why they shouldn´t be kept at lower temperatures, except the fact, that they would be attractive for less people.
The "official" evidence would be an article, describing the habitat, where the grandparents of our population, actually came from.
Just to illustrate my opinion: I do keep skinks, that have to be kept within 14 and 25 °C, otherwise they die. So the risk is high, but would become smaller, if they´ll have constant temperatures around 20°C!But to me, this means keeping the animals worse!
I don´t criticize the whole AG-Urodela as i mention regularly, only several members who do things,which normally aren´t acceptet by the AG!
I just formulating an email with a friend of mine,
going to be send to the heads of the AG and to others, naming some people,...
The "Golden Boy", is a young person turning his head around like it´s needed to stay a good friend of some "Professionals".
I would really like to name people, but i´m currently having that much trouble with some users here, although i actually didn´t tell you who they are, so far!
I started to talk about my kweichowensis-people, because i´m still waiting for a suggestion of one user, how to go on with HIS animals!It shouldn´t be my problem, cause i´m not of that kind, deciding three days before actually trading not to do that.I already post here for some time and got contacted because of that!
Can i do same with my part of the game, just selling the kweichowensis?
So i want to offer those people the chance to discuss with me,
but did´t get an answer so far, just noticed that for instance a Belgian User stopped answering without telling me about his opinion first!
Seems to be very easy to create enemies for such people.Just stop any contact and don´t tell the other person why?As you mentioned, there´s a lot of irritation, but if some people don´t want to frealize anything like that, i don´t have the chance myself to prevent Misunderstanding!
I´m personally irritated by those Smilies, you use, cause i don´t want to interpret, to avoid misunderstanding;-)
Yes, there a lot of people who are interested in having the Juveniles of this person i still wait for an answer, but those animals actually aren´t mine but his, and it´s not my job to find a solution for that!
I would really like to present evidences such as those tons of emails i have, but can you pay my lawyer?;-)
And i´m still interested in Johns answer that didn´t arrive up to now,........(He isn´t online everyday?Or another "enemy"?;-))
I think i like you, but still don´t know if your smilies are placed by cynical thoughts,...
Please tell me about that!
Philipp

J

jesper

Ah man if anybody is cynical it is you, maybe you have your reason - I dont know. I like smilies because they smile and smiling eases up tensions - tension is bad - smiling is good
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I dont think anybody could or would sue you for giving up names or what they say - free speech and all that you know!
Yeez, where do you meet all these people - I have only met nice people here thus far!
biggrin.gif

Cheers Jesper

P

philipp

Hi Jesper
I normally use smilies to make sure that people have the chance to understand my humour.
Here, i mostly replaced them by using........
Juchhe, Jesper, finally you said what others didn´t understand up to this moment!
A little blackish humour is the best way to me,
to find my way of living when everything around you is turning to become very hard,....
The people i think of, were very friendly and nice, i was glad to have to contacts, but leaving without discussing isn´t the way you should expect. Free speech ends at some time,.....:D
You seem to be a nice person to me, as i guess in the moment,......:D

Still no answers available,.......
Sad but true. Some users may be nice, but forget about that at some time!

Tension´s good for discussions, smiling is important to contact girls and very common if you´re drunk:D
Philipp

C

claire

But Philipp, your avatar is smiling at me.

Are you trying to pick me up?
smile.gif

Smiling is important -it's not just a tool to get things
happy.gif

P

philipp

Hi Claire
Girls aren´t things, are they?
rofl.gif

Finally found the way to have those smilies,...
lol.gif

It was a long hard road,.....
smile9.gif

Philipp

J

jesper

Well then Phillip the conclusion must be that I am drunk all the time!
proud.gif

Claire - always looking for someone to pick her up!
biggrin.gif

I dunno but I think John might need some LOVE too:
"Don't be surprised if a thread ends up in here because it's viewed as weird or a waste of time by the moderators."

Let us give John a big hug for that statement!
biggrin.gif

You talk about weird as if it is a bad word John!
biggrin.gif

Cheers Jesper

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!