Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Proposed UK+Ireland Registry

Y

yago

I can hardly understand the stadistics
alien.gif
...Sweden... I had 2 swedish girlfriends which I introduce to them my newt hobby... I didn't knew I had make such an impact on them...haha.
Jesper... I think you should delete the 'auto connect caudata.org program'...haha
Well John, it is such a pity. Then, I will start the spanish caudata registry...hehe
Best Greetings

J

jesper

Hi,
The civilized(
signs.gif
) countries around here should have an english language based EU registry. I mean we should have separate sites for every language and then a EU Caudata registry that put together all the data from the individual language sites.
The Swedish Salamandrid(Caudata) registry would be happy to join cause with it's spanish, british and irish colleagues! The germans, french, italians etc can come crawling in later if they want. What do you say to that John?
I have plans to change "Swedish" in the Swedish Salamandrid registry to "Scandinavian" to have a broader base to stand on. Anyway I am still working on the swedish enthusiasts who have been used to go underground with their hobby(Authorities have not exactly supported the hobby in the past) and thus are not so forthcoming.... It is getting better though, slowly people are joining, and I have yet to put my full effort into it.

W

william

sorry i've been away for a while when i meant k, i meant c. I was thinking of pronouncing it "bicker" so i must have put a K instead of a C
sorry,

but i think Mike has a better idea, i vote for CRIB

J

jesper

Karl - It's "Heja Sverige!" but it was close enough
happy.gif
I'm impressed!
Heja Sverige - Go Sweden
Hej Sverige - Hi Sweden

W

william

John, i've got the picture for the logo sorted, but i've got to add the name so is everyone happy with CRIB?

J

john

Hmm, I thought I told you I would design the logo? Show us your logo though - if the people like it, why not use it?
happy.gif

W

william

oh sorry, my email has broken down, never mind, i can't get it onto the computer, i'll try again tomorrow, if that doesn't work then i can always post it to you...?

address???

(Message edited by will_j on November 20, 2004)

J

john

Hi William - yes, I did. I think the design is good as a concept. I'll keep it in mind. Thank you.

J

joeri

Just an effort to get John's Urodeles in:
URBI: Urodeles Registry for Ireland and Britain

(didn't get that for/or thing)

(Message edited by Xixarro on November 22, 2004)

J

john

Right guys, this has now become my Christmas project. Should be going by Jan 1st (fingers crossed).

I'm leaning back towards UKCR. We could put a subtitle saying Britain and Ireland. What think ye?

K

kim

yeah go for it, but will it include the rest of the British Isles?

J

john

Yes, hence what I said about the subtitle. The subtitle will be something like "British and Irish Captive Newt and Salamander Registry".

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!