View Single Post
Old 25th January 2014   #20
Julia
(bellabelloo)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11
Default Re: Taricha Granulosa

One by one, since the 23/1/14, I have had them dieing. It looks like something has poisoned them. I am down to three now, with one not looking too good.

I had fed them their usual meal of earthworms before going to work. When I returned two were dead. One by one they begin to float and curl up and then die, one appeared to go through a spell of convulsions . The live daphnia in their tank where still merrily swimming around.
I had my last order of earthworms for over a month and nothing appears amiss. These are kept in one of two worm buckets and fed vegetable peelings( I buy organic so I am reasonably happy there was nothing nasty on them). I have emptied the aquarium and nothing appeared amiss. The water quality was checked when the first became ill with my test kit, and a sample was tested at the local aquatic centre and that was spot on.

All my other animals that are fed from the same worm bin are good. I am at a loss to know what has caused this.
bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote