Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tylototriton.org

M

mark

Well the time is finally there.

Wouter Beukema and myself have finished our site about the genus Tylototriton. So everybody take a look at www.tylototriton.org, and tell us what you think.
Note that the site is mainly about the taxonomy and conservation of these animals and not about the keeping of these animals in captivity.

In the coming weeks there will be further updates and the graphics will also undergo some changes.

I would also like to thank Tim Johnson for the photos he contributed to the site.

Greetings,
Mark

A

andy

Looks great Mark and Wouter, nice to see something like this on my favourite genus! Be good to see it grow and collect info! Will you be inviting people to add their observations?

J

john

Congratulations on your new site. Just a few comments:

1) The layout with borders on some of the pages looks odd on my screen (I'm using 120 dpi fonts, so that's probably the factor, but it is possible to make a site's appearance independent of font dpi)

2) The word "grinned" is used in the caption for the dried Tylototriton shanjing on the "Threats and Protection" page. Perhaps you mean grilled?

Otherwise, very nice and it's good to see an informative site that doesn't just cater to the hobbyist.

I will provide a link in our links session when I next update the web site.

Best wishes,

-John

J

jennifer

(2) Or maybe "ground" rather than "grinned".

Looks like a very promising site! Keep up the good work!

F

foster

Good job with the site. I look forward to exploring it in more detail.
Chip

I

ian

more photos will be more attractive.
however, very informative. Great work!

W

william

very nice, even though they aren't my favourite Salamandrids by a long way, i can forsee myself spending hours on the site.

thanks!

M

mark

Thanks all for the positive comments,

John, the graphics indeed need some work.
Ian, in the coming weeks we will add a lot more photos.

J

jesper

Hi Mark,
Very good news indeed. I agree with the Ian that you need more photos blended into the text to make the text more attractive. Nice and clean layout. I haven't had time to explore it as well as I would like, but it looks promising. I'd be happy to help out if you need any assistance.

M

mark

Thanks Jesper,

Well at first there were pictures in the text, but for people with a slow internet connection the site would take very long to load. So I decided to make a photo gallery instead.

J

jeff

Mark, very nice site and a very worthy addition to the caudate world. I do agree that more photos would be a nice addition, mabye small ones if loading time is an issue. Especially in the overview page. But In all its a very nice site!

wouter

Reaction score
Another update; The site will stay like this in the near future. We've added a guestbook, something about ourselfs and new pictures of some species like T. asperrimus and T. hainanensis. The layout has also changed a lot!

Thanks for all the comments people!

J

jesper

Nice with a title pic! More pics!
happy.gif

Modems are a thing of the past!
The pages aren't wide enough when one runs 1024*768 resolution, which I believe is quite common today.

Good work, love to have a site around with photos of all the tylo species collected.

M

mark

Thanks, well I'm indeed going to adapt the site to 1024*768 resolution monitors in the coming weeks and there are some small technical errors that need my attention.

We're especially proud on our hainanensis photos, which aren't very common.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!