View Single Post
Old 1st November 2017   #11
Methos5K

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Methos5K has given consistently excellent advice and informationMethos5K has given consistently excellent advice and informationMethos5K has given consistently excellent advice and informationMethos5K has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: New T. natans caresheet (need feedback)

Outstanding! Thank you for posting. It's great to hear from a fellow caecilian nut. I enjoy and cherish my terrestrial Gaboon caecilians very much; when they let me see them If you would ever be open to selling one of your extras or looking for a newt; please keep me in mind. I'd love to care for one again. But if not; it is great to see that they are still out there in the US. Take care and worm on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick413 View Post
Click the image to open in full size.

I have kept these wonderful creatures for the last 20 years. About 8 years ago I was able to get 6 of them with the idea of breeding them. Now I have over 100, which is far more than I planned on. The babies do fine as long as any other fish in the aquarium is not a predator which is why I keep them with small tetras now. Larger fish are easier for them to catch when the fish is resting on the bottom. They do well on sinking carnivore pellets.

Even after all these years working with secure covers I still found one the other day that had escaped.