View Single Post
Old 5th August 2015   #7
Methos5K

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Methos5K has given consistently excellent advice and informationMethos5K has given consistently excellent advice and informationMethos5K has given consistently excellent advice and informationMethos5K has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: New T. natans caresheet (need feedback)

Chopped nightcrawlers and whole earthworms were always the main staple, but live bloodworms were fed sometimes when I had them. Any pictures of my tanks have long been lost to time, I had to give up my aquarium interests when I moved to college.

My caecilian tank was a 90 gallon long, rather sparsely planted tank. They burrowed in the fine gravel frequently, tearing up the place! I kept them with a shoal of Metynnis argenteus. There were a few clay flower pots that I modified a bit for hiding spots, they liked to 'ball-up' together in them. A large Magnum canister filter proved a small amount of current.

I haven't seen these for sale for many years. They were quite common in my local fish shops in the late 80's and early 90's; but they seem to be rarely imported now.
Methos5K is offline   Reply With Quote