Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

1500 th post and a plea!

P

paris

i decided to set aside this 1500th post to make a point of the importance of this site to us all.

i have been a member for over 3.5 years now. this site is a resource i have used many times. i not only post pictures and information to share but also have on many times posted when i needed help with my animals. i cannot count the times that i have researched through back posts to find useful data relevant to what i was then needing. if i had access to a site like this 10 years ago a good portion of my early losses due to lack of data might have been averted. by sharing my successes and posting my failures -i hope to help those out there in similar situations, and perhaps offer insight.

this on line resource is far better than any book, and not just because its interactive and updated frequently. it is because we are drawing from a large database of knowledge and experience from everyone as different as long time breeders to lucky novices with insight.

many members of this site have directly benefitted from advice given to help create ideal habitats, feed or even treat sick animals. many also have gotten free eggs/animals from other keepers on this site. i am appealing to these people - if you have directly benefitted from this site, please donate to help keep it going.

if you are one of the many who have it set as a home site and check it multiple times a day and stress like i do when it crashes/gets hacked then please donate. these funds are needed to help stabilize it and prevent caudata.org black outs in the future.

there is a deadline to get donations for the upgrade - looks like he needs the funds by the 4th of may. if only 25 people donated 10$ each then we would have enough to meet this basic goal. (dont forget paypal donations have a charge for their services-so john doesnt get the full amount of the donations)

i myself will donate 20$ right now-despite it being 1/3 of what i currently have in the bank and more than a week till payday! when my tax refund check finally arrives (hopefully by saturday) i will donate more. if you guys need a direct link to the donations page-here it is-
http://www.caudata.org/donations.shtml

remember no one here is paid at all for their help and support, we all do it because we love these animals. use of this valuable resource includes access to researchers, zoo keepers, long time keepers/breeders, rare photographs, species specific data bases, even pioneers! and even the experts will admit there is always something to learn!

E

ester

Another 50 euro are on its way. Lets all remember that 10 donations of 5 or 10 dollars help as well!

ali

Reaction score
Hey you guys, I'd been planning on donating here for a long time, but was going to wait until I secure my next job. (Out of work right now and not sure where next month's rent is going to come from!)

But I could see that this simply couldn't wait. I just donated $30. Not much, but I hope it helps a little.

E

edward

Also check out the for sale section. There is at least one item up as a fund raiser.

Ed

M

mark

I sold a few newts recently through caudata.org. Donated £20 (35$ish) of the proceeds yesterday. Keep it comin' in!

J

john

Regarding the merchandise sales, the profit from those sales is quite limited. You're better off donating directly to the site - the clothes are more for fun.

W

william

Paris is completely right! after finding out I was the 11th top poster on this site, I think it's only fitting that I and the other top posters make a donation! my monthly allowance has been added to the Caudata piggy bank... i hope others follow suit.

J

jim

Yes John well I donated and bought merchandise but that will no longer be a problem as I am now boycotting cafepress.com for selling pro-illegal immigrant shirts desecrating the american flag. I will however send more cash when I get a chance.

J

john

Hi Jim,

That's news to me. Thanks for your support. I am not sure what to do about Cafepress. I have a feeling that pictures of the flag burning might breach their terms of service though, so maybe they'll remove them?

A

abrahm

I made my donation, only $15 dollars, but more later. I'm glad to see people donating and John getting the funds he needs to keep the site afloat. I really only Lurk here but I read tons of posts and have used a lot of information from this site.

C

chris

waiting for an address to send a £20 cheque to (don't have access to electronic payment methods...).
Chris

H

heather

Am planning on donating again soon, and hope to be a more frequent/regular donor. This site has helped me so much... thanks to every one who contributes in any way to keep this site going
Heather

H

hayden

I donated $15 last month. I can probably donate another 10 or 15 tonight if I get around to it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!