Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

To All Advertisers

J

john

If you are selling a species that requires legal papers for its possession in the country of sale, you must supply details of these papers. If you do not, your advertisement will be refused.

I am sick and tired of Germans trying to sell mass numbers of Triturus/Mesotriton without stating their legal status and offering papers. If this continues, re-offenders will be banned by IP address from the forum completely. This is not an animal market.

Anyone who tries to advertise illegally on this forum is subject to banning. That applies to everyone who has local laws governing the possession of whatever species they have (people in Oregon, USA, for example, not just people in Europe. Other US states have similar laws).

I can't understand how a person who doesn't use the forum can believe they can make an account here to sell wild caught animals or animals with no legal documents when required. You are low forms of life and you will not be tolerated.

J

john

PS: This is not a personal attack on any individual. If you believe it's directed at you incorrectly because your advertisement was refused, all you have to do is be legal with your advertisement _and_ comply with our rules as clearly stated in the advertisement sections. If you're not content with this, find another place to sell animals.

A

andy

Well, its right that I tried to sell my Triturus (mesotriton) alpestris here. I`M SORRY BIG MASTER, that I forgot to explain, that I have all legal papers which are required !!
But doesn´t matter, Animals are sold.... From Germany to Sweden.
In Germany, that´s what I know, no one would try to sell these animals without legal papers, as every buyer needs these papers. I know from people, which wanted to denounce others, because they didn´t get the Papers with the animals. They got their papers separate with mail. I don´t know the practice in US. In Germany there is an adage, that says : just think of other people that, what you would do yourself ;-)

Greetings , Andy
biggrin.gif

J

john

We have a saying in the real world: learn to read.

Quoting http://www.caudata.org/forum/messages/24563/24563.html :

"The placing of and/or response to an advertisement offering animals is a statement of your agreement that you are aware of the legal position regarding that/those species in both the country of sale and purchase. You also agree that you will adhere to the guidelines and laws that are required for any handling and transactions involving that/those species. This includes the provision (and statement of provision) of legal permits in countries that require them."

J

john

And for the public record, I privately emailed you twice regarding this issue and you never responded. If you want to ignore my friendly contact to you and then you want to bad mouth me, don't be surprised when you get banned.

M

mark

Good job John. I don't think that it is too much to ask for proof of legality to be able to post an animal for sale. I've seen too many animals offered up for sale on other sites that were obviously not legal.

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Where can I buy these wonderful creatures? Can anyone help me. I live in New Jersey.

P

patrick

Lett we stay nice to each other..
We all got the same passion..salamanders.
The meaning of this forum is to help each other and unite, we must learn from each other about the best way to keep and breed salamanders.
So please be nice
happy.gif

J

john

It's not a matter of being nice. There are rules that everyone must adhere to if they wish to use this forum. If they don't adhere to them, they pay the penalty. It's that simple.

P

patrick

Yes I understand what you mean.. and you are tottaly right but on the manner you say it maybe people feel attacked by it.

S

sergé

Very good John!
If you need any advise on legal issues in the EU I am willing to help. I have tried to expand my knowledge on this and it is very different in many EU countries.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!