Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

How busy Caudata.org is...

J

john

Well here is some info for you all:

<center>
11550.gif
</center>
We have an 18 gigabyte (18 thousand megabytes)transfer limit for each month. Going on the figures above we will surpass that for the first time ever this month. I'll pay for that but it also means that I'm going to have to go to a more bandwidth-friendly account on the ISP (won't be able to do that until May though).

Any comments? This isn't a money appeal btw, just wanted to show you guys how popular we are
happy.gif

I never thought this would happen.

J

john

Oh sorry that is just the web and ftp data - there's about another 1-1.5 GB of miscellaneous stuff so the total is about 13.5/14 GB right now.

J

john

Just received this right now:

"The domain caudata.org (caudata2) has reached 80% of its bandwidth limit. Please contact the system admin as soon as possible."

How cool is that
happy.gif

J

john

Well, a sudden gesture of kindness from the hosting company (thanks Bill!) means we don't have to worry about bandwidth this month.

S

shaun

If you'd like to spread things a bit thinner to avoid going over your limit, I could host some of your images, or really any files on your site. My hosting plan covers up to 15GB of transfer, and my horribly unpopular site and the site that I host never go over one gigabyte.

J

john

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for the offer but I don't foresee bandwidth being much of a problem. I only started this thread to show people how popular the site was, not to complain about the bandwidth running out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!