Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

You know you've been keeping newts too long when.....

M

mark

I saw a similar thread on a US herping forum and it made me laugh, so I thought I’d start one here.
A few to get the ball rolling…

You know you’ve been keeping newts too long when….

1 – You turn up at the pet shop and they’ve pre-ordered live food for you without even asking, or they say “The usual sir..?”
2- Buying a turkey baster is far less embarrassing than it should be.
3 – You get excited about the buy-one-get-one-free frozen blood worm deal and inadvertently fill the freezer up, much to the disgust of your wife.
4 – You become overly critical of plastic storage tubs… “It’s a nice size, but a shame the lid isn’t designed better”
5 – The guy in the bait shop knows not to start a conversation about fishing with you.

E

edward

6- your fingers are wrinkled and you haven't been swimming, washing dishes or taking a bath

7- your family knows not to put vegetables in the crisper drawer in the refigerator as its reserved for live food

(Message edited by Ed on March 24, 2006)

T

tyler

8- your favorite line from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" is "She turned me into a newt!"

F

foster

9 - You cannot maintain a steady jog (while supposedly exercising) through a wooded park because you are constantly stopping to look under logs.

M

mark

10 - You're known in the neighborhood as that weird "newt guy".

ali

Reaction score
11- You're known in the dorm as the wierd girl who often takes mason jars full of funny looking gunk in to the toilet room to dump (leftovers from spot cleaning a tank.)

12. Your best reason for procrastinating homework is that you have no place to work because newt tanks take up your whole desk.

J

joan

13. You have difficulties finding someone competant (and willing!!) to babysit 30 newts when you go on vacation.

13.5 You plan your vacation around your newts. Or go newting on vacation.

K

kamil

14. you're "famous" at the university and when you start flirting with a girl you never met before and tell her your name she says "Ah ... I know you - you are the guy with the newts, right?"

15. your professor asks you for help in newt things

M

mark

Paris - Does that mean we have to cross reference the old list for duplicates?!
biggrin.gif

16 – Your eyes develop an almost uncanny polarizing ability whilst staring into water bodies.

J

jennifer

17 - You choose to make purchases at discount stores and gas stations based on the kind of earthworms they sell.

18 - You lower your thermostat, not to save money or energy, but to get your pets "in the mood".

19 - You eye every horizontal surface in your home with the thought of "could I put an aquarium (or another aquarium) there?"

Among the other submissions, I can most closely relate to #4 and #13.

M

meghan

20. You hyperventalate when someone calls your salamanders "lizards" and could care less if you correct them.

S

sarah

22. Your sleeping in the shed because theres no room for you in the house!

(Message edited by sezzy5889 on March 25, 2006)

W

william

23. you come back to visit a newt website when your in a foreign country, from a smoke filled internet cafe....

...oh isn't that what i'm doing now???
dizzy.gif

I

ian

24. You will stop and think how you can cut out some branches of the potted plant everytime you pass by a pothos.

S

sarah

25. you begin to wonder what the strange pieces of skin are between your toes

C

chris

26. You go out fishing at night and don`t catch anything b/c you are having more fun searching for mudpuppies

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!