Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Look

cloth

Reaction score
Very hard on the eyes,much prefer this one!

A

admin

That's slightly confusing. Which part is hard on the eyes? Thanks for the feedback.

R

robyn

The dark green background with the dark blue writing is hard on the eyes (I liked the white background better). Also, the introduction page might be a bit "too busy". Overall, well done ;)

cloth

Reaction score
Yeah black on white rather than yellow/blue on a dark background.

J

jarid

I think it looks great.Colors are perfect.Actually easier to read... for me anyway... Exellent work John.
happy.gif

A

admin

Ok, the blue isn't as offensive now
happy.gif
. Thanks for the compliments and the criticism. Please give more if you like.

A

admin

I understand but I was trying to get something a little more snappy and the old site was a bit boring/more amateurish. And I like green *grin*. If more people agree with you then I'll consider changing (that's what I did with the blue thing - two people said they liked it and more said they didn't so I modified it). There hasn't been much said about the green yet.

Thanks!

J

jarid

The green also looks good.This morning I didn't like it though but that was due to glare.heh Now that the glare is gone though it looks fine.

S

sara

It's much more eye catching, professional looking and will probably hold the attention of first time users long enough to get them to explore the site, which I think is a commendable objective. I personally wouldn't care if you decided that your favorite color combinations were puce and orange. People who do the work get to do it thier way (of course I happen to like green so I'm not risking anything here). Seriously, nice job!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!