Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

You know you've been keeping newts too long when.....

J

jeff

27. Almost every picture in your digital camera is a newt or salamander photo.

G

gord

Jeff:

The digital camera thing is so right. This winter, my brother came to visit and was appalled (and humoured) to find that half the 100 or so shots on my digital camera were of newts!

Gord

I

ian

28. You start drawing 100s of Newt pictures.
56590.jpg

W

william

I can relate to #20 lol

29. you buy equipment you don't even need, just in case...

30. you dream about your perfect newt aquaria

31. you think that it would be better if your school converted it's swimming pool into an Andrias enclosure

D

david

A definite check for 9, 13, 20!

32. Let's see . . . you go on a vacation in Europe to meet some relatives you've never met, happen to catch a Triturus newt in a small pond outside, and spend more time filming the newt than anyone or anything at the reunion.

This really happened to me. My parents still laugh at me whenever they watch this video.

S

s1ren

33. You refer to food, aquarium bits and spare tanks as having ______ "in stock"

34. Your friends and coworkers notify you any time your "little buddies" (anything amphibious) is in the news for the day

35. You have created a massive binder (The "Newt Bible") full of care instructions, pictures, species info and website addresses for your spouse and/or best friend - just in case you die tomorrow

J

jim

36. You have tasted dirty newt water from the time the siphon just wouldnt start.
sick.gif

leo

Reaction score
37. Your house is called a herp museum.

38. your parents get in a habit of checking all your luggage for sto-aways before leaving the country.

R

richard

40. your parents find weird wriggling masses in the fridge (black worms)

K

kylie

41. Its even scary when you know more then the pet shop people, when they come to you for info!

I

ian

42 When you start saying triturus vittatus ophryticus instead of simply banded newt.

I

ian

43Heres another-When your wife says,you think more of your newts than you do of me and your nose grows six inches when you say ,don't be silly darlin cause i don't.

I

ian

44 And another- Your wife says (penny for your thoughts)and you make something up rather than tell her you were wondering if your fire salamander is gravid or just over weight.

E

everett

45.You go to a family gathering and spend the whole day by yourself in the woods.
46.You pass on going out with your friends, so you can take the free time to chop up blackworms for your larvae.

E

everett

47.My best of all time...I planned the family vacation for particular species in the area(true story)...LOL

K

karen

49. You keep your windows open in the dead of winter just to keep the newts comfy.

50. The linen closet has less linens in it and has become a place to store all your newts' paraphenalia (rocks, tanks, gravel, plants, filters).

51. Your students can't for the life of them remember when their exam is, but they'll ask for your newts by name ("How are John and Paul doing?")

thomas

Reaction score
When you have a party and drink to much , and holler at the females show me your newts baby!

J

joan

53.) You've been away from your newts for a week and start having dreams of them.

Ian, Triturus vittatus ophryticus is now Ommatriton ophryticus
wink.gif

(Message edited by Joan on May 31, 2006)

K

kim

54. When instead of saying hi and how is your family, your friends just say how are the babies, as they know they are more important. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!