Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

UK Caudata.org Meeting, Suffolk, England on May 15th

K

kaysie

Tempted... I'm actually going to be in the UK on the 15th visiting friends in Doncaster. Coincidence? Sadly, my travel money is extremely tight (poor college students get few chances for trips!) so I dont think I'll be able to make it.

justin

Reaction score
im very sorry to say that i will have to cancel the meet due to a very important hospital appointment thanks for the invite dave i hope we can meet another time sorry justin

morg

Reaction score
Well Ive just come online to say that I will be unable to attend after all, due to me double booking myself.
Have a family gathering to celebrate my Auntie n Uncles 40th wedding anniversary on that day.
I was wondering how to tell Justin who has been rushing around sorting a newt spotting expedition, but unfortunately he has also had to cancel.

Hope the day goes well for you all, and also that pics and a report on the day are posted.

A

alan

I've just got back after Easter away, and I would like to attend too. However, I will need to confirm in a week or two.
Should have a few caudates/live food cultures I can bring (but please don't anyone let me take animals home!).

A

alan

Yup, should have:
C. orientalis (lots)
T. a. apuanus (a few) (from Morg)
these will either be late stage larvae or metamorphs by mid-May.

Live-food cultures:
Grindalworms
Springtails
Flour-beetles
Drosophila
Waxmoths (lesser and greater)

Plants:
Vallisneria
Hornwort

All proceeds to Caudata.org!

morg

Reaction score
I hope that while you are all having an interesting day, listening to interesting talks and meeting like minded people, you give me a though.
Stuck, surrounded by noisy kids, and tipsy family members trying to get me up dancing to agadoo and the time warp.

S

sergé

Have a good meeting, I wish I could join you all, but I have already been away on two salamander trips this year (one week Turkey and one week southern Italy) and now my girlfriend wants some attention too...(I already had promissed to help her that weekend).
Perhaps this would be the moment to start an english group; AG-Urodela UK? In following of the french...?
Anyway, have a nice meeting, and be amazed by Dave Herberts excellent way of Salamandra keeping. I think he has set a new standard to keeping and more importantly breeding Salamandra species.

J

john

Here is the updated list of attendees. Those marked with a * aren't 100%:
  1. Dave Herbert <LI>David Donaire Barroso <LI>John Clare <LI>Tony McGill <LI>Matthew "J" Dyke <LI>Yago Alonso Giménez <LI>Gustavo Espallargas <LI>Gustavo's Wife <LI>Mike East <LI>Caleb Leeke * <LI>Alan Cann
That's only 11 people. There are still 3 places available - just add your name in a message in this thread like everyone else. Don't be intimidated if you're new, we're a friendly bunch and several of us have met before.

Programme:<ul>[*]Dave will give an informal talk on his methods for keeping his various Salamandra species. <LI>David (not Dave) will give a talk on Salamandra algira. <LI>Dave will show us his eye-popping Salamandra collection. <LI>Somewhere in amongst all of that there will be trading/swapping between the attendees, and Alan Cann plans to turn Dave's house into a Newt/Newt Food Supermarket (in aid of Caudata.org) at some point as well.[/list]To Sergé: AG-Urodela UK eh? I don't know about calling it an "Arbeitsgemeinschaft" ;). Seriously though, there are at least 25 interested people in the UK itself of whom I am aware that could make up the backbone of such a group. There are perhaps 4 semi-serious people in Ireland, so I don't think I'll be starting an AG-Urodela Ireland any time soon...

(Message edited by john on April 15, 2004)

G

gustavo

Hi,sorry for my bad english but my wife come to England but don't come to the meeting she like to visit London she never visit the City.
But about the AG-URODELA UK, sorry but you arrive so late,we made a AG-URODELA CATALONIA,Yago have the pictures,JA,JA,JA.
Yago when do you put the pictures here????????
See you,Rudiger.

J

john

Something has come up and I might not be able to attend on May 15th
sad.gif
. I will know closer to the day.

P

paul

John

I can confirm I will be there on the 15th,I know Dave and the incredibly young looking Mike East of old,I have also met Matt and spoken to one or two of the others.
Cheers Paul

P

paul

further to my last, if any one is interested I have some animals I would like to bring to swap/sell. Chioglossa,hyla a molleri,salamandra gallica,salamandra salamandra,salamandra bajare,bombina variegata pachys(calabria),triturus boscai,triturus pygmaeus,to name but a few.....

M

matthew

Great to hear you are coming too, Paul!

Just curious Paul (not that I dare allow myself to be be tempted, 'coz I've got enough on my plate, but...) the Chioglossa... is that the lovely lusitanica?

U

uwe

Hi John,

which Brandon is it. Near Norwich?
What is a good ferry to cross the Channel?

Uwe

P

paul

Matt,

Yes they are the lovely Lusitanica.I bought them a while ago as long term captives from a chap that was selling most of his collection.Dont know their history but they are stunning.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!