View Single Post
Old 27th March 2014   #6
Caleb Leeke
(caleb)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: caleb goes to 11caleb goes to 11caleb goes to 11caleb goes to 11caleb goes to 11caleb goes to 11caleb goes to 11caleb goes to 11caleb goes to 11caleb goes to 11caleb goes to 11
Default Re: Bedding for white worms

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabelloo View Post
My white worm is kept on regular soil. It is quite damp, but not sodden and I add a thin layer of porridge. I cover this with perspex to keep moisture in and it also makes harvesting them nice and easy. When the porridge goes I replace it.
This is pretty much exactly what I do, it works very well for me too. I've made a dry food mix from ready-break, dried yeast and limestone flour- I just sprinkle this on and spray with water to moisten it. The cultures take a couple of months to get going, but will last for years.

I find it's best to feed little but often- I feed them every day in the summer. I've attached a photo of one of them- this one consumes about a teaspoon of food a day. There are usually large masses of worms on the soil and the perspex- unfortunately most of them buried themselves while I was taking the photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9774.jpg
Views:	1552
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	36570  
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote