Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

UK Caudata.org Meeting, Suffolk, England on May 15th

D

dave

Hello all. Uwe it is Brandon Suffolk, about 35 miles from Norwich. The best channel crossing would be to Harwich, then about a 60 - 90 minute drive(from Dover it is 2 - 2 1/2 hrs). I hope you will be able to make it, if you can , let me know and I will email you detailed directions. Dave

U

uwe

Hi Dave,

thank you for the information. I have to check several things before I can be a 100% shure one. But it is in progress.

Uwe

U

uwe

Hi Guys,

we (some may join me) will probably make it. Dave see more information in your mail.

Hope to see you

Uwe

Y

yago

Hi all
I can bring eggs of t.boscai, t.marmoratus, t.a.cyreni, t.vulgaris, t.cristatus, t.v.oprythicus, n.viridiscens...
If somebody is interested just let me know
Best greetings
Yago

M

matthew

Good heavens Yago - please do!!!
I'm up for any and all of those, especially T. a. cyreni. I wouldn't mind some boscai or viridiscens either!
Best//Matt

Y

yago

Ok, I will bring some then. I hope I will still have eggs of n.viridiscens and t.a.cyreni by that day. Most probably I will if females carry on and temperatures keep not too high.
See u there.
Best greetings
Yago

caleb

Reaction score
I would be interested in T. a. cyreni too, especially if anyone has adult females spare- I have two lonely males!

M

matthew

Can I use this thread to shout from the rooftops that cyreni are wonderfully charming and much, much overlooked...?

Y

yago

Well, here one pic of one of my breeding males.
15089.jpg

Y

yago

Hi Caleb
Finally we will meet. I am looking forward. I can bring you some t.a.cyreni eggs if you want.
Best greetings
Yago

J

john

I'm afraid that I definitely have to withdraw from this due to money considerations
sad.gif
. Wish I could go though.

Y

yago

What a pity!
Well, I hope to meet u in Gerstfelt in October.
Best greetings

A

anthony

sorry i have to drop from the meeting something has come up on that day just like to say thanks to paul for offering me a lift was really looking forward to it sorry again
tony.

M

matthew

Yago & Gustavo,

I'm just about to email you - having had a chat with Dave - regarding travel arrangements. I believe you are catching the train up from London. Maybe Dave has been in touch about this. Fiona has, with characteristic generosity, offered to pick us up from the station. I am hoping if we can meet up and agree on a train, then she need only visit one station, once. Please see your email!!!
Best//M
(Sorry to use a public forum to speak to two or three people but time is pressing.)

A

alan

I have available:

C. orientalis
T. a. apuanus (from Morg)
both late stage larvae.
Live-food cultures:
Grindalworms
Springtails
Flour-beetles
Drosophila
Waxmoths (lesser and greater)
Plants:
Vallisneria
Hornwort

I will make a small charge with all proceeds going directly to Caudata.org, so if anyone is interested, let me know soon.

D

dave

Hello all, here is the final list of those attending on Saturday : Mike, Matthew, Paul, Caleb, Alan, Yago & Gustavo. John , it is a shame you couldn't make it, I was looking forward to meeting you again.

J

john

I hope you all have a great time (and tell Alan to keep the money!). Dave, I really did and do want to go but a bit of cold hard reality has meant I can't consider going anywhere at the moment (unless I win a trip or something).

One of you had better take photos!
happy.gif

U

uwe

Dear Herpers,

I hope you have an enjoyable stay and great discussions in Sussex!

Hope to see you sometime

Uwe

M

matthew

Thanks John & Uwe. I just popped in to see it was a wonderful day and to thank Dave. I'll post a fuller report later (and I know others have digital mugshots to post too) when I've fed the new mouths here at home, but suffice is to say a great time was had by all... and a special thanks should go to Fiona for her behind-the-scenes taxi-ing, sandwich-making and keeping us all in beers. I'd best shut-up because going to the train station I thanked Fiona seven times, but...
Dave & Fiona - THANKS for a very special day.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!