View Single Post
Old 5th August 2015   #6
mewsie
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 5
Rep: mewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: New T. natans caresheet (need feedback)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limede View Post
Also, what food items would you give them the most?
In general I feed mine the same diet as my sirens and axolotls - primarily small earthworms, but also 'axolotl' pellets.

The caecilian lives with a few tetra and a heap of cherry shrimp. If I feed the fish some frozen bloodworm he'll eat what doesn't get eaten, and he goes absolutely insane for the dried turtle shrimp mix stuff. (don't worry, no turtles in the tank!)

Interestingly, he will only eat so much before he goes off to scrape himself against the tank contents to shed his skin. If he's still hungry he'll go back for more, but he won't just keep eating until all the food is gone. The shrimp take care of any leftover pellets but I have to keep a good eye on the tank for any leftover worms.