View Single Post
Old 8th March 2005   #26
Mike East
(mike)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: mike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Andrew - This is a non-commercial site, run by "hobbyists for hobbyists".
You describe yourself as an "Amphibian Commercial Breeder", please don't insult my intelligence, do you really believe that breeding a few Bombina produces a living wage?
In fact the vast majority of your advertised stock at: http://www.pollywog.co.uk/livestock.html is taken straight from genuine importers Trade Lists, you then add a 100% markup without even having the stock on your premises, thats not bad for the price of a phone call. I'm in the wrong business!
I have many vices, but greed is not one of them. Please don't pretend to be a hobbyist in your postings, when you are clearly in it for the money.
If you wish to practice your entrepreneurial skills, I suggest you do it elsewhere.
Incidentally, I sell the vast majority of my surplus captive bred caudata to these same importers, at reasonable prices, as it seems that most hobbyists expect to be able to aquire their animals for next to nothing. I can assure them that if my hobby ever actually paid for itself, I would be a very happy man.
I'm truly sorry if I have upset you, but I feel that it had to be said.