View Single Post
Old 13th July 2011   #39
frances dansie
(digger)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 16
Comments: 12
Rep: digger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: Killing Axolotls

Im sorry to hear he was unable to recover and sincerely hope the others do.
i did read some years ago about genetics and axolotls and there are somethings that upto that time could not be explained, where whole groups from the same batch would just die at the same time, one group would be thriving and at approx 3months over a period of a couple of days the vast majority would perish, another group lived heartily to approximately 6months (if my memory serves me correct) and then perished. They were from different pairings and these deaths occured again and again within th same timeline and the conclusion drawn was that it was something to do with their genetic make up, so my point is (after a long drawn out prattle lol)
there is not always a solution to the problems, we just have to try everything that we can. If we eliminate all the possible all that remains is the impossible, and that we cant do anything about

If the others arent eating though please try as I suggested and put either live blood worm or daphnia into their tubs it stimulated mine after weeks of starvation and now they are back to normal.

Last edited by digger; 13th July 2011 at 09:29. Reason: missed word
digger is offline   Reply With Quote