Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello Axolotl Site!

J

john

Well, this is a sad day indeed.

Due to the high bandwidth taken up by the Axolotl site, it is being removed from Caudata.org.

This is greatly saddening to me personally, but has become necessary due to the high bandwidth taken by that site from Caudata.org.

The Axolotl site was a project I began when only 19 (that's 8 years ago, believe it or not). It hasn't received any major updates since shortly after it was first launched in 1999. I must admit that I cringe a little when I try to read it now, but it was directly responsible for the creation of Caudata.org.

It has been a big draw to Caudata.org, there's no denying that. I've met a lot of people through it and I'm very grateful to them.

I do not know what else to say really, except that this hurts me as much or more than anyone else ;(.

Oh yes, I will remove it some time in the next 48 hours.

S

shaun

How much bandwith does it use? My website is painfully unpopular, so if you like, I could host it without going over my limit.

K

kim

Oh thats very sad john!

That is what i found on a google search which brought me here!!

I also have a website not doing much right now, so your more than welcome to use that!

J

john

OK, that was mean of me. I'm not actually taking it off the Internet. You'll see what I mean in a day or so ;).

J

john

Yes, indeed it is. It will remain part of the Caudata.org Family though.

M

mik

Just shows axies are the most popular of all the amphibians;-)

Hey John what will be the addy/url thingy for the new site? Trust you will post links blah blah blah!

(Message edited by mikki on November 30, 2004)

J

john

Indeed. I haven't had anyone proof read it yet, but it's now up. There are a few "under the hood" things left to be done:

- I intend to update the embryo series with brand new photos
- I will customise the search pages

Please take a look through the updated site and tell me if you see any mistakes (I'm mainly looking for typos).

http://www.axolotl.org

J

john

Fixed! Thank you. Keep 'em coming
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!