Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Where to get turkey basters in Sydney

S

suvanna

<font face="arial,helvetica"></font><font color="ffffff">Hi, I just wanted to know where I could get turkey basters from becuase I've looked in a lot of shops and they don't sell them. I really need one because my axie always steps on the poo and makes the floor of the tank have reddish spots everywhere and the poo always goes through nets. So I NEED a turkey baster</font>}}

S

stewart

I use a suringe (i am not into drug deling my father happends to be a doctor) with a pipe on the end of it to suck the poo up.

i dont know where you can get turkey bastes from tri K-mart Target or Myers

A

anna

I got mine from one of those discount stores (Crazy Clarks), Go-Lo and places like that. Its the only place I could find one.

S

suvanna

haha I actually never thought of go-lo.
Well I went to an aquarium and they told me to go to the pharmacy and get one of those syringe thingies but I think I must've forgotten to go or something. but I live around hurstville so I dunno

K

karen

Hi Suvanna,
Have you tried woolworths or coles? The woolworths at Riverwood has a pretty good homewares section as I'm sure most of them do
happy.gif

Also I saw your earlier post Re: Gravel and can completely understand where you are coming from with your parents... I think as they get older they become a bit set in their ways... My dad was the same when making the switch, but to compromise I put large river stones over my existing gravel...which completely covered it... There is a garden centre in peakhurst that sells some really nice ones... Brutus my Axie is looking happier already
happy.gif

S

suvanna

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been on for a while. No I haven't tried the woolworths at riverwood as I haven't been there in quite a long time...(btw I live in peakhurst)
Well, I sorta got ALL the gravel out and currently one-third of the tank floor has large river rocks which I got from Roselands. I never knew there was a garden centre in Peakhurst unless I did and I don't remember.
I have gotten quite a large turkey baster(the size of my elbow to wrist. and a lot of the time the poo always falls back into the water so it annoys me quite a lot.

J

joan

To prevent that, suck it up and turn the turkey baster upside down while you're moving it.

S

suvanna

but I can't exactly turn it upside down and get it out of the tank becuase there is only about 10cm gap between the tank and this cupboard that is over the tank.
So it's kinda hard to take the turkey baster out... but I have tried to turn it on its side... the poo still falls our but it's still better then putting it vertical as in pointing down

J

joan

As long as the opening is above the bulb, the water won't flow back out. It just needs to be at a slightly upward angle.

A

anna

Another thing u could try is to keep the suction going as u r drawing it outta the tank. Even if it is sucking up air, it should prevent ne thing from going down till u can turn it upside down.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!