Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

*insert swear words here* arrrrggghhhh

C

charlie

I think juliet is a male.
Still not 100% sure on pedro, but yeah.... somewhat gutted.
Will try to get photos later in the week for some opinions, but rather swollen cloaca (sp?) etc.

guess i'll just have to get another one! :D

sherrisixxx

Reaction score
I looked at Juliet and Pedro on Photo Gallery. To me it looks like Juliet may be a female and Pedro male, but am not an expert at all, so you may want to get more expert opinions.

I have a similar problem ,too. I wanted to have 2 females to avoid having babies, but I think my new axie Rosie is a boy. I'm 90% sure,oh no!

A

apryl

Oh dear,I'm in the same boat,Boris,named as a male, who I then thought was female, is getting a bulge behind the back legs too,confusion!!Diablo is definately male.He left spermatophores a few times,so I thought Boris must have been female,do boys leave 'gifts' if there is no female present?Oh,and Boris is sooo fat at the mo.
dizzy.gif

C

charlie

yeah. seems that the swollen area has gone down a bit? so not so worried
Will get some photos of her/him and try to see what people think. will post them here in the next day or so.

S

s1ren

Oh, dear. Were you hoping to breed them?

I had the opposite happen with a pair of my newts - I thought I had two boys until "Steve" started laying eggs.
sick.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!